Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fortune Cookies: Therapy in a Box


I feel like I have to express my thoughts on something almost unnatural that I must share with the world. For the longest time, whenever I receive fortune cookies, the messages in them somehow relates to my life. To be honest, I don’t know if I should call it a blessing, a curse, or I may just be over-thinking. Regardless, the randomness of the fortunes I receive are almost too accurate for my liking. For example, I work in a job that requires me to maintain a professional but friendly appearance whenever I approach customers. A lot of them were friendly, understood that delivery of goods and services isn’t going to be fast enough because I have to deal with a lot of customers. Sometimes, some customers are not patient and are very particular on how service should be run. If left unattended for too long, I would end up getting yelled at or at worse, not making enough sales. 

Two days ago, I ordered my usual Kung Pao Chicken and Vegetable Fried rice and was greeted by three fortune cookies. Each one is a gem waiting to be held:
  •  Integrity is the essence of everything successful.
I was told often and time again that I have potential to be much more successful but I have to apply myself. The problem is how do I do that? How can others see that I am intelligent, business savvy, and creative? I have way too many talents to pick one to succeed on, so my dream on being successful one day feels like a difficult task to do.
  •   Avoid taking unnecessary gambles.
This one is vague enough to apply to everyone who gets that message. I didn’t think much of it, but soon I realized that I have been following that message before I got it. I learned how to be patient, learned to pick one’s own battles and be graceful when things don’t work out. After all, if you put everything at risk, you lose everything. I nearly did that and learned it the hard way. I am glad I still follow that rule.
  •   It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.
This message bothered me for a bit…what is it supposed to mean? What does a little piece of paper with random words of wisdom be so intuitive? Maybe it is my luck, but I am still wondering what the phrase is supposed to tell me. Should I be confident 100% of the time or be confident when I know I am in the right? I’m pretty much over-thinking things that may mean nothing…

Either way, this is just a snippet of my private life and don’t assume it is all I do. My life is much more interesting than that and it would be 1000 pages if I make a detailed story of my life.  There are some things I like to keep private, and there are other things I want to rant about. I’ll keep this short because I am having trouble seeing with my contacts getting blurry. Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk!