Sunday, August 21, 2011

Goodnight Heights

My time is getting closer to move to the West Coast and I feel that a part of me will always be from New York City. No matter how much has changed, I still look back and remember the times I had growing up there. I am delegating this post a la Goodnight Moon. So here it is:

Goodnight Heights
Goodnight hood
Goodnight crackheads and prostitutes at the corner
And the dealers, too
Goodnight PS 189
Goodnight IS 143
Goodnight HS Media and Communications
And Columbia U.
Goodnight Bodegas
Goodnight Boutiques
Goodnight 181 shopping spree
And Macy's too
Goodnight Crime
And goodnight catcalls
Goodnight killings
And wannabe gangsters
Goodnight poverty
That I don't want to live through again
Goodnight drama
Goodnight Summer noise
Goodnight angry New Yorkers
Goodnight Traffic Jams
Goodnight Times Square
And your clubs too
Goodnight Subway
Goodnight Bums
Goodnight Central Parks
And goodnight dog crap, not going to miss you
Goodnight roaches
Goodnight horse coaches
Goodnight Grafitti
Goodnight Hipsters
And those Crusters
Goodnight Village
Goodnight good food,
I will miss New York
Just not the ghetto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk!