Friday, June 3, 2011

Social Safari: A prelude

Update, I know, I know...I haven't updated much because life decided to kick me down and I had to finish my Thesis paper. Now I am back at home in NYC and haven't left my parent's home, why? It's because I have a daughter to take care of, and I am currently taking online classes with a helping of P90X to keep me active.

On top of that, I have been job searching. I am not the strongest candidate of the bunch, but I do need to get paid and the school loans are not forgiving! It's a wait and see approach for me, but hopefully I get something so I can finally start a career. I mean I'm 24 with a three year old, finishing university and not much else for me to do but sit on my ass while the gods play chess with my fate. I can't complain, I'm being optimistic here and everything else will be sugars and rainbows, right? Hey, a girl can dream...

This P90X thing I have heard for at least a year or two from friends and now I decided to get my potato couch body and start getting swole. I barely finished my first week and I am very sore, holy Batman! I rewarded myself with a helping of Blackadder and The Jersey Shore (set to Benny Hill's Yakety Sax). I only watch Jersey Shore for comedy reasons and with a background in Archaeology it helps. I just watch and make notes on the social complexity of the cast, the alpha male, competition for women, food, who is more juiced up and the ever important question, when will this horror end? It may be just a show like the Real World only as a small reflection of mainstream society. And don't get me started on Crusties, if you don't know who they are...think of hipsters dressed in dirt brown and the worst impersonation of a Hobo. I heard they're in the Village now, time to photo hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk!