Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hello World 2.0

Hello web 2.0 and other instances of social networking! The world has changed since I stopped blogging. Well, these days blogging sounds like a dirty word and now everyone tweets or post their Facebook status online. There are times I look at what they have to say in the news feed but, other times I really don't want to know that you just showered today. That's the new Internet for you, the final frontier of social privacy. It won't take long for future employers to know who I am but it's a matter of time before they request Facebook for my information.

This is just a simple update of what I have done so far, I have been working on my Thesis the entire year and let's say the relationship has been on and off lately. There were times I want to cry and times where I just want to give my paper a hug and a kiss for progress. In the end I would have to make a choice between publishing without images or revoke publishing all together. I did present my project twice, one in a National Conference and another in my own University (I really do not want to discuss more on that). But, it feels like I may have to move on in a different career if I don't get into the profession after graduation. I can see it now..

"Your CV is impressive...Thesis publication? Outstanding!! Oh? What's this? GPA is average? Lackluster letters of recommendation? I'm sorry but we can't hire you..NEXT!"

Yes, that is how I see it, all the work I did to get academically noticed can get pass over because of my academic career. Enough of that, I must focus on the remainder of the semester and hope things go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk!